Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Who knew you had to help a baby go to sleep!?

Yes, I've learned a lot these past 7 weeks. When your baby gets tired you sometimes have to help them go to sleep. This means rocking, swaddling, shhhh'ing, white noise, walking, bouncing or a combination of all of the above. If they are tired, why don't they just go to sleep!? Then when you think they are finalllllly asleep, you walk away and 5 minutes later they start to cry. Then the process starts all over again. But once they are asleep, don't they look so precious??

Maya has been gaining a lot of weight, I've been weighing her at home and the last weigh in, she was 8 pounds, 13 ounces! She's getting so big. I've started to let her sleep longer at night (against my dr's orders...oops) but she seems to eat better when I let her wake up hungry. Plus she's eating a ton during the day. I read a good bit of advice that said "You are raising your baby, not your doctor... take them to the doctor when they are sick, etc..." Since I spend 24/7 with my baby, I think I can make the best decisions for her. So we will see how that goes.

Here's some pics of Maya playing on the rug in her nursery.


















I've been trying to read her "The Night Before Christmas" but I guess I am not picking out the right times to read to her because she always starts to cry before Santa brings the presents!! Poor thing doesn't know about presents yet. :(




Maya had her first play date with her friends Baby Eason and Baby Bryn, whose mommies, Lorie and Kerie, are my college friends. They were all born within a week apart of each other, and I hope we can have some more play dates in the future. The mommies had a fun sleep over and drank wine. It was like a vacation for me!



Mommy thought she had good head control, so I set her in her Bumbo. She lasted about one minute. Hopefully when she's older she will enjoy it more. Here's a before and after shot.




Molly and Maya are getting along just fine.




Here's a pic of me and Maya on Thanksgiving.... I've been trying to get more pics of us together, as I seem to be the one always behind the lens.




And finally, I bought Maya a stocking (the biggest one in the center, so she better be good so it can get filled up!) and both the pets now have their own stocking, they used to share. Have you ever heard of a dog and cat sharing anything?


No comments:

Post a Comment